Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Good Friends

I am grateful for good friends. I am specifically talking about Julie and McKenzie. These girls are my two closest friends right now and they are awesome. They both happen to live right around the corner from me, which is fabulous. Sad part is that both put their houses up for sale within a week of each other. One will still be close, thankfully. But one is leaving us to go back to the West Side, which is not good. I want to say a little bit about each one.

Julie, she is amazing. She is generous and is always serving someone. She is honest and open but is always kind. I remember when I moved into the ward and met Julie, I knew I wanted to be her friend. That first Summer, she saved me. We went on a walk almost everyday and it was honestly the highlight of my day. I had no friends and it was so fun to be able to talk to someone.
I also remember my first birthday in this ward because Julie brought me a Steamer from Starbucks because she remembered me talking about how much I liked them. It meant a lot that she remembered my birthday and that she listened to me. It meant a lot Julie.
McKenzie, she is awesome. She is funny and says things that nobody else says and what everyone is thinking but won't say. She has a way of making anyone feel like they are her good friend. Its amazing that McKenzie is still my friend after what shes been through because of my kids. At a Ward picnic when Tanner was a new baby and he threw up his whole bottle in McKenzie's lap, she was wearing a very cute outfit.
She also saved Ella from drowning. The kids were playing in the small pool after swim lessons and I look over and Ella had lost her footing in the pool. I had Tanner in my arms, since he was still a new baby. I was making my way to other side to save her and McKenzie just jumps in fully clothed and saves Ella. After Ella was okay and I cried a little, it was actually pretty funny watching McKenzie jump in this baby pool fully clothed.
Love both these girls.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Good friends are the BEST! You are one lucky lady!

Julie said...

:) You made me tear up! I love you too Betsy! You are totally an awesome friend too!

WMDEEZ said...

I am so teary!! Not fair to a pregnant women. I love you too and you know that where ever I go I will always be there for you..and to love your kids!
McKenzie