Thursday, June 3, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Girl's Weekend has come and gone, which is very sad. It felt like I had been waiting for it for a long time, especially since I bought my plane ticket in January. We had so much fun. My sister, Trina, lives in Corona, CA. They just bought a beautiful house there, they had literally been living there for not even a week. She was a trooper to let us come crash with her. It was so fun to just be together without our kids. We shopped a lot, ate yummy food, went to the beach, talked a lot, saw my mom's old house, and just had fun together. Oh and I love CA, the palm trees make me feel happy. They bring back memories of going to my grandparents house.

The beach, isn't it beautiful.
It was a bit chilly because the wind started to blow, so at first we weren't so sure about getting in the water.
The dedicated ones did a bit of boogie boarding. My niece and nephew, Janet, Nancy, and me got in the water. It was cold but it was actually a lot of fun. I haven't been to the beach and boogie boarding since I went to Hawaii in 5th grade. Too long.
My sister's awesome backyard with a beautiful pool that we got to swim in. My sisters house was a short sale so thats why the grass is a bit brown. Her house was amazing, I am mad that I didn't take more pictures of it.
My mom's house growing up.
My grandparents house that I remember going to. The trees were not there before.

All of us together after church.
My mom made us all aprons since we have a cooking blog that we all contribute to.

Nancy and Janet have hair extensions that you can clip into your hair. They are really cool but we had a little fun with them since their colors obviously didn't match ours.


It was a fabulous weekend and I can't wait until the next time we all get together. We had so much fun and I love them all. Thanks guys.

3 comments:

Tallia said...

Betsy, it looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm jealous you have so many sisters! Is your cooking blog open to everyone? I love getting new recipes from blogs :-)

Julie said...

YOur hair totally threw me. I was like how did her hair grow so fast?...then i kept reading. That is hilarious. I am so glad you had a good time!

Julie said...

That's awesome you had a weekend with the girls and no kids. You definitely deserve it!