Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a Girl

I haven't written anything about this girl in a while. She is such a funny girl. She is fun, sweet, sassy, and so much more.

She is growing up so fast and it is fun to see her grow. She loves her brother. She isn't perfect but she does a great job with sharing with him. She even shares her beloved puppy, Lady, with him. That is a big deal for her.
She loves to paint, she would paint all day if I let her. She has a great imagination. She will play for a long time by herself and it is fun to listen to her play. She spends her day in either her dress up clothes, swimsuit, or anything other than normal clothing.
A couple weeks ago she gave the scripture in primary. My mom always had us memorize our talks and scriptures in primary, so I decided I wanted to do the same. I picked a short scripture for her to do. John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." I went up with her for support but she walked right up there, opened up her Book of Mormon to a random page and said it. Seriously, I was so proud and I almost started crying. I felt such joy in her accomplishment and she walked down proud. It was cute.
She is obsessed with her birthday. I think its because her two best friends birthdays were recent. It is still almost 3 months away but she tells me everyday that her birthday is coming up. She wants a new sleeping beauty, since her old one is broken. She wants a Barbie cake. It is going to be a long 3 months.

7 comments:

Janet Mae said...

She is a cute girl. I cant wait to hang out with you guys while Im home.

Grabers said...

It was so fun having Ella get the chance to play with Emmy and Sarah when you were here. They played so cute. I know what you mean about the birthday thing. Anything Sarah sees that she likes she says I want that for my party (birthday party of course) sometimes it means the theme or just as a present. For the longest time she would always say I want an Ariel party which she would remind me almost daily.

Jana said...

When did our little girls grow up?

Sally said...

LOVE Ella's mew quote. Good thing you are reinvited to her party!

Julie said...

Love that little girl!!! I am so glad her and Lexi are so good together! I love that she is always wearing something that isn't "normal" makes me wonder what she will be wearing when she is a teenager??? Watch out mom!

Kristen said...

That primary story is so cute! I love that she opened her scriptures and pretended to read it from there.

Trina said...

Ella is great and we sure do miss her coming to visit. I am excited to see her in a few weeks and see Tanner. They are both growing up too fast. I loved the Primary Scripture story and it is so fun to watch your children share a scripture or talk in church. Ella is so brave.