Thursday, June 25, 2009

1 1/2 Weeks!

Tanner is 1 1/2 weeks old and he is such a sweet little boy. I was excited to have a boy but a little nervous because I am so used to having a little girl. I love having a boy, he is such a joy. He is doing great at night, except a couple of times he thought it was awake time at night but for the past week he has been going back to sleep at night after he is fed. Sometimes he goes 4 hours at night before eating again. Its hard to tell what his kind of personality he has but he does hate his diaper being changed. He really doesn't get too upset though. He is really good at sucking his pacifier. He eats pretty fast, 20-30 minutes. I consider that fast compared to my last child. I am pretty sure he is going to be pretty chubby and quickly. He only lost 2 oz in the hospital and when he went to the doctor on Tuesday he weighed 8 pounds 10 oz, so he well on his way to keeping up those cheeks.

Ella still loves him but she leaves him alone for the most part, which is really nice. She will talk to him and give him kisses on the head but then she goes on about her business. So far shes adjusted really well but we'll see how life is when it gets back to me, Tanner, and her. My mom was helping me for a week and now Dave is home for a week. It has been really nice to have help. Really the biggest help is keeping Ella occupied.

On rare occassion we do see his eyes.

Gotta love the cheeks.

But he does a lot of this and is in his bouncer a lot as well.
Ella's new love is the hose, she always wants me to turn it on. I am all about her being outside and having fun so I let her have at it.



12 comments:

Grabers said...

It's so amazing how I can see both of you so well in both of your kids. So far it seems that Tanner is following suit of Dave's example and sleeping a lot.

Julie said...

He has changed already! I can't wait to hold him again!!!

Sally said...

Yeah more pictures, I've been checking everyday! He is cute and has good kissing cheeks! I can't wait to meet him...just a few more weeks.

Julie said...

Wow, only 20-30 minutes to eat?! That is so quick. You are lucky!

Janet Mae said...

Cute! Guess what!? Im going to Twin Lakes! Yay! Ill probably stop by and see you guys on my way home on Saturday. Ill call you. I cant wait to see you guys.

::lindsay said...

Very, very cute!

Sarah said...

He is SO cute Betsy. I need to come visit you this week and hold him. I love the picture of Tanner and Ella together. I just think Ella is one of the prettiest little girls around and I love her little smile.

Kristen said...

I LOVE the pictures! He looks like such a sweetie. And Ella looks adorable.

Trina said...

Thanks for posting more pictures. He is so cute and I love his chubby cheeks. Tanner is a fast eater and you are very lucky. We are looking forward to seeing you at the end of this week.

Jana said...

Yeah!! More picts. He is sooo cute! Can't wait to meet him next week!

Katrina said...

So cute! I'm glad it sounds like things are going pretty smoothly so far. I'm really happy for y'all.

Kris said...

I'm so glad that things are going so well with you and baby Tanner. He really is just the sweetest little guy. I too love the pictures of Tanner and Ella together. They will be best friends for a long time!