We are all home now, and it is so good to be home. I was determined to be out of that hospital in 24 hours, since I was stuck in the hospital with Ella for 3 days. We made it pretty close to 24 hours.
Everything went so well. I went to see my doctor Monday morning and then I was able to go to the hospital at 11:30 am to be induced. When I got to the hospital I was already having contractions since my doctor had stripped my membranes. Then they started me on pitocin. After they started me on pitocin I got my epidural. They didn't give me too much pitocin though because Tanner was not a fan of it, his heart rate would drop. My doctor came at 6:00 pm to break my water and thats when things really started to progress. He ended up coming at 8:08 pm. With Ella I had to push for an hour and the doctor still had to help me get her out. With Tanner I pushed for 15 or 20 minutes with no problem.
He is doing great, he was fabulous in the hospital. We kept in our room the whole time and I loved it. I feel great, I didn't know I could feel this good after having a baby. Since we both were doing so well, we decided to come home last night. It was supposed to be at 8:00 but we didn't end up leaving until after 10. We all had a great night, he did great for his first night. We all slept much better then we did at the hosptial. I am just so grateful that he is here and he is such a joy to have.
Ella seems to love him so far. When she came to the hospital she was excited to see him and she wanted to hold him. She seemed really excited and was totally okay with everything. When she came home today she was so excited to see him. She keeps putting blankets on him and giving him toys. He was given a couple of stuffed animals, she went and got those immediately from his bedroom and put them around him. I was surprised she went and got his stuffed animals for him because she loves them and always wants to play with them.
It was cute because I put him in bed for one of his naps and she kept trying to get in the room. She was talking outside the door saying "Tanner, you awake yet". So she has really liked him so far but I am sure she may struggle with him a bit but I am just going to enjoy the fact that she likes him so far.
Right after he was born, they brought him right up on my tummy.

He didn't seem to like the light very much.







15 comments:
Congratulations! He looks so cute!
Hes so cute. I cant wait to meet him!
So cute pics! I was totally going to ask how Ella did, so I am glad that you posted about that!
I love that she loves him so much!
He's so cute and I can't wait to meet him next Friday. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so much better than last time. Also, glad to hear that Ella likes him.
Aw! He is really cute! I'm glad the labor and delivery went so well for you and you're already out of the hospital. Congrats!
Cute pictures Betsy! Ella standing outside his door talking to him is so cute! Enjoy having mom there!
He is adorable. I so glad that your labor and delivery went smoothly. I'm glad to hear how much Ella loves him. Hopefully we can come and see you the day before we leave for Twin Lakes since we will be in Richland. We look forward to meeting him.
I can't believe that picture with his hand over his eyes. That's so cute. He is so adorable Betsy. I'm so happy that the labor and delivery went so well. I'm glad you are feeling well. Congrats on your little guy!
Betsy!!! Congratulations! I am so so happy for you all. He is so cute! Seriously, he really is. I started tearing up looking at the pictures...I don't know if you've seen my blog yet, but I'm having a boy too! Ella is being such a sweet big sister, that is so precious. I'm glad you were feeling so good afterward and that everything went well.
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well for you and that you are feeling so good. He looks so healthy and is a cute little guy. Can't wait to see him in person! Glad Ella is liking him so far, the picutre with all of the stuffed animals is adorable.
Tanner is so cute. That is just a sweet picture of him all swaddled up in his blanket. I hope Ella continues with the love. Glad he has arrived and you are doing so well. We'll come down for a visit one of these summer days. Take care.
What a cute little chunk! Glad you are both doing so well!
I'm so glad to hear that everything went great! That's so nice you got to go home soon. Ella sounds like a great big sister so far.
That picture of Tanner with his hand over his eyes is so cute!! I like the one with the stuffed animals around him, too.
I'm glad it all went well! Tanner is so cute. He looks so sweet in those pictures. I can't wait to see him the next time you're in Utah. Congrats on your growing family. Love you guys.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family. I'm glad that the labor and delivery part went smoothly. Tanner is such a cute baby. I can't wait to see him in person!
Post a Comment