Sunday, May 2, 2010

6 Years

April 30th Dave and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Its kind of crazy when I think about it because it feels like we haven't been married that long, I can remember our first apartment and still going to school. Sometimes I think of myself as a college student still, I am still young right. Well time is going on and to be honest I am glad that we have been married 6 years and not 1 because life and marriage just gets even better as time goes on. Even though it seems we haven't been married 6 years, I also feel like we've been together forever because I can't hardly remember how life was without Dave. Anyways, I'll stop being sentimental now. To celebrate we went to Leavenworth, its here in Washington. Its a little German town, it is so small and sweet. It was perfect. Very low key, which is what I wanted. I wanted to have fun and relax. We browsed the shops, ate yummy food, saw a movie and just enjoyed having to not worry about my kids. Thanks mom. Wenatchee is close by so we went to the Apple Blossom Parade, which was fun and they had tons of people, organizations, and schools that participated. It was funny because some of the marching bands that were in it were at least twice the size of my graduating class. Kind of funny.
I have to give a big thanks to my mom because she watched our kids. I promise I did not leave my child sick but he ended up getting sick. We left Friday morning, so I called Friday night to see how they had been. She said they had been fine but Tanner had been fussy since his afternoon nap. I didn't think much of that because he can be fussy later in the day, especially around dinner time. Well after I called, apparently he threw up his bottle he gets before bed. Then he threw up two more times before midnight. Then he was up bright and early for my mom at 5 am, probably because he was hungry since he had been throwing up. Then the rest of the day he did not let her put him down. I felt bad when we came back to my parent's house late that afternoon to hear that he had been sick for my mom. So I owe my mom a big thanks! We had a great time!

One of the shops sold taffy and I thought the machine was kind of neat.

Funny hats, I have always wondered what Dave would look like with hair.

6 comments:

Janet Mae said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I dont think Dave should have hair.

Sally said...

What do you mean Janet, Dave looked great with blond pony tails! I've always wanted to go to Leavenworth! It looks fun!

Stephanie said...

Glad you had fun and I guess now would be a bad time to ask mom to take my child for a couple of days?

Julie said...

Love Dave with hair, he should think about extensions

Katrina said...

Cute little town! I was thinking about you on Friday!

Trina said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. It is always so nice to get away . Happy Anniversary and I loved the pictures with the wig and the hat.