Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving filled with family and tons of yummy food. We spent it at my parent's with almost all my siblings (we missed you Sally). The kids had lots of fun playing together, going to the park, and doing crafts.
I had fun relaxing and enjoyed family and food. We had some great food for Thanksgiving but we also had carmel corn, chocolate cake, apple muffins, apple fries, and cookies. It was fun to see everybody and to catch up.
Ella had so much fun and was so excited to see her cousins but she just can't hardly handle it though. She pooped her pants almost everyday, sometimes more than once. She gets a little emotional so I was excited to go home so that things went back to normal.
Tanner had a party every night. Normally he will sometimes get up at 4 to eat but while we were at my parents he was waking up two times to eat. We normally would let him cry back to sleep but not when there are almost 20 people all in the same house. Then one night he decided it was time to be awake at about 3:00. He was giggling, talking, and playing for about an hour. He had a great time. He was a little bit unsure about all the people at first but by the end he was loving that he had lots of people to talk to and that would hold him.
Lets just say both Dave and I were glad to come home for sleep sake. We don't do well when we are in the same room as Tanner. But it was a fun Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for family.
Turkey hats that the kids made for Thanksgiving.
They had tons of fun at the park. They ran and rolled down the hill.
Tanner loved my niece Talia, he smiled so easily for her.

More fun at the park.

4 comments:

Sally said...

So cute! Cute picture of Tanner smiling!

Janet Mae said...

I already miss you guys! I cant wait for Christmas.

Katrina said...

Sleep never goes as well for us when we're on a trip (especially when we're afraid of our child waking everyone else up!), so I can totally relate! It sounds like it was fun. I LOVE that picture of Tanner!

Julie said...

Traveling is so hard with kids! It's always fun to see family, but the sleeping part is never very good.