My Memorial Day weekend started early when Ella, Nancy and me went to my mom's Thursday night because Dave went to San Francisco for the week. We helped my mom make over 300 cookies for a shower she was helping with. Ella had fun playing with my parent's dog Angie most of the time. She has really become attached to her and Angie is very patient with Ella. Ella probably picked every single flower in my mom's backyard. Almost took out a few plants while trying to get the flowers as well.
Saturday I was able to leave my family to go shopping with my good friend, Julie, in Spokane. It was just what I needed, I came home feeling rejuvenated and just happy. We went to maternity stores, scrap booking stores, and a great children's second hand store. It was so much fun and I think every woman should do that every once in a while.
Monday we took it easy. We went out to lunch and took Ella bowling. She loved it, they didn't have a ramp for her but we helped her through the ball down the lane. She was giggling and squealing every time it was her turn. It wasn't my best game but it was fun to see Ella have fun.
Later that night we were able to get together with a whole bunch of my extended family and have a BBQ. It was a lot of fun to see everybody and it brought back old memories of going to my cousins house on Sundays. Of course, Ella had to do something exciting while we were there. She got into a bucket of ashes that was outside and completely covered herself in them, it was everywhere. I should have known better, it is always a bad sign when she is out of sight and being very quiet. I didn't have my camera or I would have taken a picture.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Memorial Day Weekend!
Posted by Betsy at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Did you use that family pass thing I sent? We haven't signed up yet but we will. I would've loved to see Ella covered in ashes at Aunt Pat's. Hilarious!
That is so true with these mischeivious girls. If it's quiet all of a sudden you stop and wonder what they've done next. Just on Sunday Sarah was "quiet" and John found her in our bathroom only in a diaper spraying her body with hairspray. Lovely.
What a fun weekend! I'm glad you are doing fun things before you have the baby!
That sounds like a fun weekend! Ella sounds like she's a very fun little girl...who keeps you on your toes:)
Post a Comment