Yup, thats right, Dave and I celebrated our 5th year of marriage on April 30. Its funny because its seems like its gone by so fast and yet I can't really remember life without him. We were going to go do something fun, maybe go to Seattle or something else but we didn't. Partly because I am big and partly because we have been unsure of when Dave's grandma is going to pass and we will need to head of to Utah for the funeral. So Dave took the day off and we spent the day together. We went shopping, ate lunch out, made a yummy dinner, and went to a movie. It was low key but it was fun.
I wanted to list some random things about us so that years from now we can look back and laugh, and so our children can have fun reading random things about us.
1. I don't usually tell people this but I actually didn't accept the first time Dave tried to propose. Its a long story so ask me sometime and I can tell you. Just a side note I did say yes later that night.
2. Dave can sit on the ground in a weird indian style way, really it looks wrong. The first time he did it I thought it was weird, probably because it looks uncomfortable and I can't do it.
3. I can move my ears, not wiggle but move.
4. Dave's dream in life is to invent something useful and be able to sell it. He actually always has some little project that he is working on.
5. We both are home bodies. We are both totally satisfied with staying home and watching a movie together. We do like to get out and do outdoor stuff as well.
6. We both like to rock climb, its the first that we did together. He wanted to see if I was tough enough to do it and I did it but I was seriously pretty scared.
7. Dave doesn't really get mad or yell. Really he doesn't. It actually is frustrating sometimes, but I admire it at the same time. Lets just say that he can't say the same about me.
8. We are both savers and not spenders. Good and bad sometimes.
9. We argue the most in the car, probably because I am the worst back seat driver.
10. Dave loves to learn how and why things work the way they do. Me on the other hand, I just want someone to show me how it works.
Its been a great 5 years and hopefully the next 5 are even better.

9 comments:
Wow you guys have already been amrried for five years!? I cant remember a time that Dave wasnt part of our family and I dont want to remember. Dave is so funny and he doesnt even know it. Remember when we gained up on him on that game...oh wait we always gain up on him.
I can't believe it's been five years! We are coming close to our 8 year mark and I guess I didn't realize you were so close behind us! Fun list. I wish we lived closer and we could hang out at home together!
Yay! I was thinking about you guys that day. Congratulations! I'm so glad we all made the trek up to Washington to see you guys seal the deal! Well, we waited outside, but still. You know what I mean.
Congrats on 5 years! Doesn't it feel like forever? I am not sure if I heard that story about the proposal before, so you are going to have to refresh me on that one!
That's fun to have a list of random things about you relationship like that! Rob and I are both total homebodies too!!!
Congratulations! I was thinking about it actually as the day was approaching, and I meant to call you and tell you I was thinking about y'all, but I forgot! My pregnant brain forgets everything...! I like your list, that's a good idea. I'd forgotten about the proposal thing...I'm still hazy on the details though (again, likely due to my pregnant brain), so sometime I want to hear it again.
Happy anniversary! Wow, I can't believe it has been 5 years already. It sounds like you had a fun day. That's so funny about Dave's indian style sitting! That gave me a good laugh.
Congrats on the 5 year mark. John thought the same thing when he saw Dave sit in his special way. It doesn't look like legs should bend that way. Gotta love him. Dave's like my dad he hardly ever got mad so it was always a shock when he did and you knew you were in BIG trouble if he was.
Happy Anniversary! Congrats! It was fun reading those things because I learned some new stuff about you. Okay, I loved #9 because Jared and I always argue in the car too, but it's because we both get so lost easily. #7 doesn't surprise me at all. I can't picture him being a yeller, though I can't picture you being one either.
Thanks for the blog invite by the way!
Post a Comment