Wow, it has been a rough week at the Kemp household. I don't even know where to start, I guess at the beginning.
We had been noticing that Ella had been getting bites on her body and for some reason we concluded that they must be bed bugs. I don't really know why we decided that but we did. We started doing research and realized that if we did then it was bad. I went crazy. I was ready to throw furniture away, I was cleaning my house like a mad woman, I was spraying everything, washing everything that I could, not sleeping because I was waiting for one to bite me, I wasn't eating because that's what I do when I am stressed, the bed bugs were becoming an obsession. We finally did get a guy in our ward who deals with pest control to come over, he searched and didn't find anything. I need more than that though, so we are taking preventative measures to ensure that we don't get them. I must say that I am much more educated on these little creatures though. This was over a 2 day span. In the middle of all of this stress I miscarried. I was 7 1/2 weeks along, I knew something wasn't right for about a week but it was official this week. I was heart broken and very emotional. Maybe even a little bit crazy because my hormones are a bit off, which didn't help with the bed bug issue or the rest of the week.
Thursday I got a call from Ella's preschool teacher letting me know that Ella had gotten her finger shut in the door and that Ella would need stitches. She was right, her finger was cut almost all the way around. We headed to ER after being rejected by Urgent Care because Ella was too young. There were spent four hours watching movies, talking to nurses, getting x-rays, and finally getting her finger stitched up. Ella was so brave and did awesome.
Luckily the next day was Friday and Dave had it off because the fun did not end. I was sitting on the couch and got up to go do something, the next thing I know Dave is next to me asking me if I'm okay. Apparently I passed out and fell into our entertainment center. I was fine and didn't feel anything. Luckily Dave was home to take Ella to the Orthopedic Surgeon to check out her fractured finger and help with the kids. I think I passed out because I was exhausted, recovering from my miscarriage, and my body was probably just telling me to slow down. So I did, I took easy for the rest of the day.
I learned a lot this week but I am ready for a normal and very boring week.
I had a hard week but its funny how things get put into perspective very quickly. One of my dearest friend's, Julie, dad passed away unexpectedly this week. My heart goes out to her and I cannot imagine what she is going through. After that, my problems did not seem so big. I just wished my problems hadn't gotten in the way of helping her .

8 comments:
I hope next week is better for you. I am sorry that you had such a rough week. I am sorry that you miscarried. I have never had one but can only imagine how hard it would be. I am glad that Ella was so brave. She is such a good girl.
Oh Betsy I am sorry I love and miss you guys so much!
I'm glad you took it easy on Friday. I always tell myself we have to have the crazy times to appreciate the quiet moments and the good times! Here's to a boring week!
Sorry you had such a tough week. I hope this week is better and that it's nice and boring!
Oh, Betsy! I am so sorry that you miscarried. I think you're right to take it easy this week. I'm also sorry to hear about your friend's father.
Sorry you had such a crazy and sad week. Isn't it incredible how life throws you so many things at a time?! I hope this week is better!
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know first hand it is not an easy trial. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
It was good to see you the other day. We need to get the girls together more and do some serious crafting!
trust me you did more than enough for me. I am feeling bad that I couldn't do the same for you! I hope I don't have to anytime soon, but if so, I hope I am as good of a friend as you were to me these last few weeks.Love you!
Post a Comment