Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Bash!

After 6 months of talking and anticipation, 60 balloons, a Barbie cake, a dozen little girls, tons of candy, lots of fun, and many presents, Ella is finally 4. I usually think that time flys and I can't believe they are older but it feels like Ella should have been 4 a long time ago. She has been talking about her birthday for a very long time so to be quite honest I am glad she is 4 and that it is done. It was fun and she loved it but I can move on to something else now. I don't think we will be having a big birthday party for a long time.

Ella loves to have tea parties so I thought we should do a Tea Party Theme.
Ella is such a fun little girl. She loves to dress up, her Summer attire has consisted of her swimsuit and then pairing it with a skirt or sometimes shorts. She loves to color, she will color for a good hour and half sometimes. She has a great imagination. She is a social little thing which I don't understand because when I was little I was not like that.

We started off popping balloons, there was candy inside of them.

We decorated hats for our tea party.
Most of the guests.

Ella has been talking about a Barbie cake for months so I had to make one. It is not as easy as you think. The cake totally fell apart when I put the Barbie in but it survived.
Ella pretending to blow out her candles, it was windy so we couldn't get them to stay lit.
Opening presents.

8 comments:

Sally said...

Very cute idea - Mom told me about some of the details. You are so brave to invite that many little girls! She'll be talking about her next birthday in a couple of months...

Trina said...

Sounds like a very fun party. I am glad that Ella finally had her birthday and it turned out great. You now have 6 months before she starts talking about it again. Good job on the Barbie cake.

Stephanie said...

Betsy they're right you won't hear about her next birthday party for six months, but for the next six months you will be hearing abut this one I'm sure. She's cute and I'm glad she loved the birthday party. Hope she's enjoying all those barbies.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Ella!! Betsy you plan a great party!

Darren and Tessa said...

That party looked really fun, what a cute idea! I might have to steal that in a few years

Darren and Tessa said...

That party looked really fun, what a cute idea! I might have to steal that in a few years

Esther Noelle said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Betsy. It's been so long since I've seen you! Your little girl Ella is so grown up now!!!

Katrina said...

WOW! I am so impressed. It looks like you made Ella's party amazing! Every day for two weeks Juliet has said, "My birthday's December 4th...today is my birthday!" I need to find a way to make her day exciting too...hmmm...But you did a great job!