Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Happy!


"I'm Happy" is Ella's solution anytime she gets into trouble. She thinks that it will fix things and that she won't get in trouble if she says that she's happy. I'll be honest, it drives me crazy because most of the time that has nothing to do with what I am talking to her about.

"Ella don't push Tanner".
"I'm Happy".

"Ella you don't get a Popsicle because you pooped in your pants". (A whole other issue)
"But I'm Happy".

"Ella I asked you put your toys aways".
"I'm Happy".

"Ella if you don't stop it you are going to time out".
"I'm Happy".

She says it every time. Yes, some may say that its cute but its not cute when she says it for everything. When we try to talk about why shes in trouble, she says it over and over. I love her but nothing drives me more crazy then when shes says that. I think its partly because I feel like she isn't listening and doesn't care, she just doesn't want to get into trouble. I want her to be happy, so I try to say, "I'm glad your happy but that is not the problem right now". Right after she always says, "But I'm happy". Sometimes the only thing I can do is laugh.

7 comments:

Janet Mae said...

Thats so funny! I love your kids. Oh and the pictures in the last post are so cute. I cant wait to see you guys.

Grabers said...

Hang in there. At least you can usually take comfort in the fact that they don't do everything forever and then she'll find maybe something else to drive you crazy, but at the moment it can be frustrating.

Sarah said...

I agree Betsy, sometimes you can't stop the laughter even when you're mad. There have been many times where I have had to turn my head or walk away so they don't see I think it's funny. She is one smart cookie.

Katrina said...

Ella sounds like she can be pretty tricky! Their Easter pictures are so cute!

Julie said...

It is funny, and in a couple of months... okay.. maybe years from now you will think it is cute like the rest of us. :)

Julie said...

Haha! That is funny, but I could see how frustrating that would be. I'm sure she'll grow out of it eventually! Hopefully sooner than later for you.

I LOVE Ella's Easter dress. It is really cute.

Kristen said...

That is so funny. That would drive me crazy, too. But I love that she thinks it's a solution to her problems.