Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th of July

For the 4th we went to a parade in the morning, Ella really enjoyed it. They threw candy, which is always a bonus for her. I just have to say that I think its a little funny when a 12 year old is trying to beat my 2 year old to the candy and then gloats in her face when he does, I mean come on. Tanner, enjoyed it as well. He slept through the whole thing, he didn't appreciate the fire truck though.
Then we headed off to my parents and spent the rest of the day with my brother and his family, my parents, and Nancy and Janet. We bought some fireworks and set them off that night, they were a hit with the kids. Ella liked them but also needed to sit on someones lap while she watched them. She has been talking about fireworks ever since.
This is the closest I could get Ella to smiling, she would not smile for me. I found Tanner's USA shirt at Target for $1, gotta love the $1 section.

Ella, Parker, and Lilly getting ready to do sparklers; they are getting the rules for using sparklers. Its a little early but they needed some entertainment.

Ella enjoying her first experience with sparklers. She was a little scared at first but they really got into them.

Enjoing the show.

1 comments:

Katrina said...

That makes me crazy when older kids are rude to much littler kids! I'm glad Ella had a good time anyway, despite the 12-year-old. It looks like you had fun!