About a month and half ago I got a call from a member of the bishopric asking if I would be in charge of the Ward Christmas Party. WHAT! I wanted to say no but couldn't. I immediately felt very overwhelmed. Our ward always has awesome ward parties and I'm not that amazing person that throws big parties. So I called 5 amazing women to be on my committee. After they all said yes, I immediately felt a little better. I have been planning and not sleeping well for weeks, but it all came together. Of course, there were those last minute hiccups. Two people canceled on me the day before, they both had good reasons but it was still very stressful for me. We had breakfast for dinner; cinnamon rolls, Costco muffins, sausage, breakfast casseroles, fruit, juice, and hot chocolate. We had pictures with Santa and a short program about the true meaning of Christmas. We also had a sing a long for the kids and coloring while the kids waited for dinner to start. Everyone was invited to come in their jammies. But with the help of many many amazing people, I did something that was hard and I'm so glad its over.
We did festive duct tape to show the way to Santa.
My kids did see Santa.


8 comments:
Tanner looks awesome in his outfit!
It looks great and the breakfast sounded good! Good job, I'm glad(for you) that it's over.
Sounds and looks like it was an awesome party, and Betsy you are that amazing people that can throw parties! The kids look adorable!
I agree with Nancy you are that amazing person that can throw parties. The decorations look great and I love the pic with Santa. Love Tanner's jammies.
So awesome! I am so glad it all turned out so well
I saw some pictures on facebook. I wish I was in your ward. That looks like fun. Our ward party is tomorrow, we will see how it turns out. With a bunch of older people in our ward it won't be nearly as cool as yours. And those decorations. A.MAZE.ING! Good job Betsy and committee!
All the decorations look great! The candy cane picture holder is such a cute idea! Betsy you are amazing and so talented. Love the picture with Santa!
Just caught up on your blog and wow- amazing party you threw! All of the decorations and everything look awesome. Also, your little baby seems so sweet. I can't believe how long she is and what a great sleeper she is (I'm totally jealous :)
Anyway, hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment