I can't believe Soffie is over two weeks old, it has gone by fast. She is a very sweet baby so far and we are excited for her to start waking up a bit so we can get to know her better. So far we've learned that she is quite loud, she is always grunting and making funny noises. She is bottle fed and I will probably have to leave the room at church to feed her because she is so loud. She sleeps on her back. So far she doesn't cry much, she just grunts and moans when she wants something. If we let her groan too long then she does let out a scream to let us know she is done being patient. I can already tell that she is pretty wiggly and she has a strong neck. Seconds after she was born she was trying to hold her head up. I usually wash her head everyday, to help prevent cradle-cap, she loves it.
The kids, especially Ella, love her but it has been an adjustment for everyone. The kids have been fighting a lot more, they have been more emotional, and have not been quite as obedient. I know its'll get better and we are all just trying to fit a new person into our lives. Ella tells me at least a few times a day that she is so glad we got a baby girl. She is always kissing her cheeks. Both are so willing to help burp her, help change her diaper, get diapers, throw away dirty diapers and whatever else the baby may need.
I myself am enjoying her a lot. The more kids we have the more I enjoy them as babies and try to take in the moments because they grow so fast. I know I am biased but I think she is adorable and I love her cheeks.
All wrapped up after her first bath at home, she liked her bath but you can't tell by her facial expression.

9 comments:
I think I posted my comment right when you put up this new post. Anyway, Sophie is adorable! I'm sure the kids will get better soon. It's fun to see how much you can tell about their personality in just a couple of weeks.
She is seriously so adorable! I can't wait to see her next month.
Love her! Love the crown. :) And seriously, can you not have it quite so together Betsy, jeez. She's only two weeks and not only is your blog caught up, but Tay was delighted to receive a Thank You card. I don't think I've ever managed to actually get past thinking about thank you's from birthday parties. You're amazing!!
She is so cute! I love cheeks too - they are so fun to kiss!
It's also an adjustment to have Ella go to school - it's just a lot at one time. My kids get extra cranky when school starts. It will just take time.
I used an extra soft toothbrush on Celeste's head and she is my only baby that didn't get bad cradle cap and she didn't seem to mind the soft scrubbing.
She is so cute! We can't wait to meet her!
So fun! Love all the pictures. We are looking forward to meeting her! Can't wait!
She is so sweet! I love that she is loud.
Aw. Adorable!
You may be biased, but I think she is adorable too!
Post a Comment