Friday, August 24, 2012

More from the hospital

Our sweet Soffie came Monday, August 20, 2012 @ 11:02 pm. She weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and was two weeks early. 
Its funny because I don't think that the labor and delivery could have been anymore perfect. I went to the doctor late that afternoon. When he checked to see how far a long I was he asked if I was having contractions, I said that I didn't think so. He thought that he should hook me up to the monitors to see. Well he was right, I was having contractions and they were pretty close. As I was sitting there I did start to feel them, he decided that I should go to the hospital. I was fine with that as long as I didn't get sent home, I didn't want my hopes up and then get sent home. The hosptial decided to keep me. 5 hours after getting to the hospital she came. 
It also worked out great because Dave was home with the kids and I called my mom to let her know that she might need to come get the kids but she happened to be in town at my aunt's house. When we got the go ahead that I was staying, Dave loaded up the kids and took the kids to my mom and came to the hospital. I did feel funny driving myself to the hospital and walking into the birth center by myself.
I feel very blessed how things worked out, I had been stressing about it for a few weeks so I was grateful that it all worked out. 



A very happy sister. She was so excited to see her and hold her, it was so sweet. My mom said that after they came to visit she talked about Soffie the whole way home, which is an hour drive. She kept saying she loved her, she was beautiful and that she was real. It was cute because she has been telling me for weeks that she was going to help wipe her bum when she pooped. Today she lived up to what she said, she did wipe her bum a bit when it was poopy. She wanted to, I thought it was so cute.


I wasn't sure what Tanner would think but he asked to hold her. When we brought her home he wanted to hold her again. He has given her many kisses. So far so good.
This is Soffie spent part of her time at the hospital. Nice shades, huh. The morning we were supposed to go home her bilirubin test came back and it wasn't good. They wanted her to stay, I was not excited. They moved us to the pediatric unit though and we still had our own room, which was nice. The first 18 hours of her being in it were a little rough, she did not like being naked. The next 12 hours were much better, I think she accepted her fate. It was hard for me because they said to not take her out unless it was to eat. But she did great and we are grateful to be home. I think this little girl will be very loved.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

She's adorable and you look great! Can't wait to hear more about life with 3 kids. Congratulations!!

Sally said...

Her little 'shades' are so cute! Ella looked so happy to be holding her sister! I'm glad you are both finally home!

Kristen said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. Sounds like a great delivery. She is a big girl!

She and Britt share a b-day. They're soul sistas.

Trina said...

I am so glad that she is home. Loved all the pictures. Tanner looks pretty little holding Soffie. I loved Soffie's shades. She looks pretty cool.

Jana said...

Your pictures look amazing! Best mother and baby picture ever! I am glad to hear things went smoothly. We can't wait to meet her!

Julie said...

Wow you are a blogging queen! So cute. I too am so glad that Soffie is here! love her to pieces already!