Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hawaii

Dave and I were able to go to Hawaii without kids. We had an amazing time. About a year ago, Dave's brothers offered us some buddy passes and so we decided to do Hawaii. I was a little nervous doing standby for Hawaii but we did anyway. Our chances looked good until a couple of days before the flight. The day of our flight there was no way we were going to make the flight, so we bought real tickets last minute and I am so happy we did. It was nice to know we were going and it was totally worth it.
We had so much fun. We went to the PCC, saw the Laie Temple, went para sailing, snorkeling, went to Pearl Harbor, shopping at an outlet mall, Dole plantation, a beautiful botanical garden, and just had fun having some free time together.
Thank to my parents we were able to go and not worry about the kids. They had so much fun too. They did the slip-n-slide, rode grandpa's motorcycle, Tanner got to see a helicopter take off, Tanner got to go to work with grandpa, eat Cheetos and juice, and watch movies. They love grandma's house.
We had so much fun together but half way into the second day I started to miss my kids. I noticed by the end of our trip that we talked about the kids more and more. We had a fun 5 days but I was ready to hold and kiss my kids again. I highly recommend every couple going, it was relaxing and its just beautiful there. Being away from my kids definitely made me appreciate them more and I have been spoiling them since I got home.

PCC



Temple

Waiting to go para sailing.

Para sailing was a lot of fun but my only recommendation is to take a motion sickness pill if you have a tendency to get sick.
Snorkeling at Shark's Cove. Dave is out there somewhere. I was so happy that Dave was able to do it easily since he can't really swim.
Botanical Garden


Arizona Memorial

Dole Plantation

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am sooo jealous! One day I'll get to go again. I'm glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you got to go.

Janet Mae said...

So much fun! Im jealous. Oh and I like your skirt! It turned out great.

Sally said...

How fun! We are planning a 'real' trip away this year too! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go parasailing - you guys looked like you were enjoying it!

Kristen said...

Awesome! Looks like such a fun trip!