Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our New Addition!

A bunny. We have been wanting to get the kids a pet but I wanted something that was low maintenance. We decided on a bunny. So far the kids love it. She is a Holland Lop Eared and is 1 year old. The breeder had named her Gigi and Ella has decided that we should keep that as her name. So far our bunny is fabulous. She is gentle and very friendly. She doesn't seem to like Tanner very well but I wouldn't either. He pokes her in the eye and grabs her nose but hopefully he will get better. He also has a love/hate relationship with her. He loves her but also gets really upset around her. I think its partly because he can't catch her.


The owner recommended that we get a leash so that its easier to catch her when we want to put her back in her cage. Ella loves the leash. Its good we got one because this bunny loves to run.
This is probably the closest Tanner has been to catching her. Don't worry the bunny does not live inside and does not come in very often.

8 comments:

Sally said...

Thats a big bunny! I always think of them as small. It looks like Ella is enjoying her!

Betsy said...

Its actually a dwarf. Its really not that big. You should google big bunnies and then you will see BIG bunnies.

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh and I am so excited to live with you cause you guys are so fun but now u have a bunny too. Oh I can't wait!

Trina said...

Wow! Very cute bunny. I'm sure Tanner will get better with the bunny. Ella looks like she heaven in the picture. I love the leash idea. My kids will want to come and visit and see the bunny.

Julie said...

when did you decide this? Well will have to come visit you new addition soon!

Jana said...

My kids have been begging for once since we went to the fair last summer. Hooray for you!

Stephanie said...

Very cute. I hear that if you did want the bunny in the house they will automatically use a litter box just like a cat.

::lindsay said...

Love your new bunny. How cute!

As for change, I'm with you---sometimes change can be very hard. I'm so sad about McKenzie moving. She was a fantastic friend to us all.

But, sometimes change can be great too. There are so many people, myself included, who love and adore you and are excited to have the opportunity to get to know you even better and hang out and have fun. I'm soooo glad that you are still in your house because I love having you across the street!