Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

The Kemp family this year was spoiled for Christmas. We all got a trip to CA to have fun at Disneyland, CA Adventure, Sea World, and Jeppson Resort (aka my sister's house). I feel so blessed this year. I have an awesome family, great kids, a husband I love and that loves me, a hard working husband with a great job, the gospel, my Savior, good health, and so much more.
Back to our vacation though. We flew to my sister's which I thought would be easier than driving to Utah. It probably was easier but did give us some trouble again. On the way there we went to the airport and our plane was delayed, no biggy and pretty typical. So we waited and at 10:00 (2 hours late) at night we finally boarded our plane. The plane was full and our luggage was loaded, after which they decided that it was too risky to take off because they didn't have the right kind of deicer. I am grateful the airline wants to keep me safe but I knew my 4 year was going to be heart broken. I couldn't hardly handle having to tell her that we had to get off and go home. She cried but accepted that it we weren't going. Luckily we made it the next day without trouble. The kids did great on the plane and Tanner especially loved all the chewed gum he found under our seats.
Once we got there it poured rain for 3 days straight, so we hung out at my sister's. The kids played, the girls went shopping, we went to a candy cane store, and ate yummy food.
On Thursday the sun came out and we all headed to Sea World. My parents, Nancy, Janet, Trina and her kids, and our little family all went. It was a perfect day, we had so much fun going to all the shows and seeing everything.
On Friday Dave, Ella and me went to Disneyland and CA Adventure. Tanner stayed home with everybody else and I think it was a wise choice. Ella was so excited to go, but she was most excited to see the princesses. Once we got there she asked when she got to see them. We decided that it was worth our time and money to just have lunch with the princesses. We went to a restaurant, and while we ate the princesses came around and talk to each table and took pictures. It was so funny because when a princess got close to our table Ella got really shy, which is unlike her. She would cover her face and look away but as soon as they got to our table she was ready to jump down and get her picture.
That night we had fondue and did the Christmas nativity at my sisters.
Christmas morning was great. The kids loved opening their presents and playing with their toys. It was a relaxing day. We hung out, went to the park, had some awesome ribs for dinner and ended the day in my sister's hot tub.
It was an awesome trip and I think we are going to have a hard time topping it. We had so much fun and thank you Trina and Trent for letting us stay with you.

Sea World
Ella with the princesses.
Disneyland and CA Adventure
Christmas Day

6 comments:

Jana said...

How FUN!!

Sally said...

Sounds like a great trip! Everything looked fun! I loved all the pictures.

Julie said...

That sounds like an awesome Christmas! I like all the princess pictures with Ella :)

Sarah said...

Wow Betsy! That sounds about like the best trip ever. Christmas, family, and disneyland all wrapped into one trip. Can't get much better can it? Great pictures too.

Trina said...

We are so glad you came for Christmas and it was very Merry for us. Come anytime. I am also glad the weather cooperated at the end of the week so we could go to the themeparks. Your kids are so cute.

Brittney said...

The Ariel in the pic with Ella is my brother-in-law's sister. I always look at my friends pictures from Disneyland and see if she's in it and she was this time! Random, I know...