I am starting to feel stressed because we decided that we would put Ella in preschool next Fall since we don't know if she will start kindergarten in 2011 or 2012 since her birthday is August 30. I at least want her to have 1 year of preschool. I am on a waiting list to hear if she gets in to the preschool that I want. It is crazy that I have to start this early and apparently I was behind on getting her registered.
I don't like thinking about kindergarten, because really I don't want her to start when she is barely 5. I want to keep her home where I know what shes learning and I know who she playing with. But I also don't want to hold her back, if she ready and wanting to go then I want her to go because I know it wouldn't be good to keep her home. I'll be honest though, I am secretly hoping she isn't ready. I know, I am terrible.

7 comments:
I was glad Anna Elise couldn't go, it's ok to want to keep them home. My kids only get 3-4 months of a 5 hr/week preschool and they are fine. She'll be fine. I always say you are in school until you're 30 so why not keep them home for as long as you can (a lot of people disagree with me).
I think it's fine if she's not ready. Aren't most of her friends a little younger than her anyway?
I would talk to her preschool teacher after she goes to see if she is ready. Tucker has a young birthday and I questioned but afer I talked to his preschool teacher she said that he was more than ready to go. I haven't regretted my decision. I also agree with the fact that once they are in school they are in school for a long time. Another thing to think about is that they can graduate earlier and go to college earlier. I wanted Tucker to be able to go to the college and be on his own at college before he had to go away on his mission for 2 years. Good luck with your decision.
I can't believe that Ella is getting old enough for school! I would be nervous, too. That's crazy you have to register earlier than February to get into pre-school all the way in the fall.
I can't believe you have to start pre-school "shopping" so early either! I've been hearing some of my friends talk about it for a little while, and it's like finding a college or something! Does the school system do half-day kindergarten? Maybe that would make it easier...? I'm sure as the time gets closer you'll be able to decide what's best for Ella (and for you). I'm sure it's hard having to figure all this out!
I am hoping she isn't either so her and Lexi will be in the same grade!
I know what you mean. It's hard to think about them going to kindergarten, especially when they are on the younger side. I know you'll make the decision that's best for Ella.
On the one hand, you get to put off for an extra year all the stuff that comes along with going to school---early mornings, them away from you, influences from other kids, etc. I don't think I've ever met one parent who has ever regretted holding them back a year. They always say that those kids excel and have great self-confidence.
On the other hand, my birthday is August 30th as well and I was the youngest in my class. It was totally great!
Post a Comment