So read the post before before reading this.
I am going to continue my quest to potty train Ella. If you don't know Ella then you wouldn't know that she is just one of a kind. I know she is fully capable of being potty trained but she knows she has total control over this situation so she is going to take a long time do it, partly to drive me crazy. She is a stubborn little thing so I just need to be patient.
I previously wrote the post after countless times of her peeing her pants. I will put her on the potty for 5-10 minutes and then she will get off and not 2 minutes later she comes to find me to let me know that she is wet. It gets a little frustrating when I am faithful about putting her on the potty and then she pees her pants right after. It just feels like the past couple of hours were a waste because now we start over. I will admit that I have gone into a room by myself to kick my dresser, I need to hit something and it can't be my daughter. Right before I wrote the previous post she had peed her pants minutes after sitting on the potty. I will admit that I shed a few tears out of frustration, really from the whole week. She told me I was sad and that I needed to go take a nap. I would have gladly gone and taken a nap but I couldn't leave her and Tanner unsupervised.
Don't worry, I love my child but I didn't realize it would be this challenging. I am sure some children breeze through potty training but Ella likes to take her time, so I am going to try and be patient in the meantime. I am not necessarily wanting to vent, my mom told me I should write this down so I can remember it. Shes right, I should remember this and I want to share my experience with Ella when she is trying to potty train her children.

3 comments:
sorry that she is so stubborn for you! Good luck and don't give up!
Betsy, I'm trying to potty train my 2 year old. She loves going on the potty, hate wearing panties.
I had a friend start a year ago potty training her 3 year old and she still has up to 2 accidents a week. She wishes she didn't push it so hard in the beginning because her daughter just pushed back harder. It's such a hard situation to know what to do. Good luck.
Way to be patient Betsy. That would be so frustrating!! I'm not looking forward to the challenge of potty training. It sounds like Ella is way more difficult than most to potty train.
Post a Comment