Tuesday, February 19, 2013

All we need is love

I tried really hard this year to make sure Valentine's Day was special for my kids because last year I was on the couch most of day feeling very nauseous. We started the month off by putting hearts on each kids door. Each night we put a new heart on their door and wrote something we loved about them. I also made a big envelope made out of felt for each kid so that we could write notes to each other, that was a big hit for Ella.
Tanner is in joy school with a few friends and we had a little Valentine party, which he loved. Ella had a party at school and got quite the loot, it felt a little like Halloween.
We stayed in on Valentine's, Dave and I like to go out to celebrate another night. The kids helped me make heart shaped pepperoni pizza for them and I made Fillet Minoan for me and Dave. We also had a special love potion drink that was quite delicious. Each kid got a little present to open as well. Overall I think they felt special.
 










5 comments:

Sally said...

Lots of cool and fun things! I love the little picture props - so cute!

Trina said...

Wow! I am sure they felt very loved. I loved all the pictures. Soffie is getting go big! I wanted to do the heart thing on the door but never did it. Maybe next year! I am glad you had a good Valentine's Day!

Kristen said...

Awesome! You are such a crafty mom. I dropped the ball on Valentine's this year - I'll have to use some of your ideas next year!

Brittney said...

You are so crafty and creative! I love that even the pepperoni is heart-shaped. Your kids are so adorable, too.

Jana said...

How fun!! Loved the pictures!