We went on our yearly trip to Twin Lakes with my family. To be honest, it was a lot of fun this year. We never know how the weather is going to be, we can have blazing hot weather or cold weather or scary stormy weather. This year we had two days of cooler weather and then 3 days of perfect weather.
We had a ton of fun during those three days. Ella did a lot of swimming, picking flowers, tubing, jumps off the dock, riding her bike, turtle hunting, and just tons of playing.
Tanner had lots of fun exploring, getting dirty, being held as much as he wanted, going on countless walks, taking some of his first steps (yeah), and just loving being outside.
I loved the weather, seeing my kids have so much fun, going on a walk/run with my sisters and mom everyday, water skiing, doing a 13 mile bike ride with my sister Janet, and just enjoying not having a cell phone or internet to distract me.
Dave had fun fishing everyday with my dad, reading, water skiing, sleeping, doing jumps with Ella, and being away from work.
It seems like there is always one funny or scary story every year dealing with animals. This year it was a skunk. My dad, Dave, my cousin, and uncle were cleaning fish in the dark where you are supposed to clean fish, which is kind of off away from the cabins. My cousin looked over and saw a skunk that was about to spray them, so my uncle took the hose he was holding and sprayed it in the butt until the skunk stopped trying to spray them and ran away. Pretty funny and we were all glad that they didn't get sprayed.
Ella with her Aunt Janet.
Catching Minos with grandma.
Ella and her cousin Tallia had the same swimsuit on accident. This is now Ella's favorite swimsuit.
My dad caught a big trout.
We picked flowers everyday.
One of Ella's favorite things was to do jumps off the dock.
Tanner started taking his first steps. He isn't full on walking yet but at least he is trying and is interested now.
Ella loved the tube, she did it everyday.
Tanner just being cute.
Doing jumps with Aunt Trina. She played with my kids a lot. She took Tanner on tons of walks. She also swam with Ella and let her swim with her nieces on her husband's side. Ella kept talking about the girls and wanting to play with them.
Grandpa took us turtle hunting, we caught 4 turtles.

7 comments:
That looks like lots of fun. Do you guys rent a cabin?
I was ok with not being there until I read all that! Maybe when my kids get a little older I can talk Mike into it! I'm so glad you had a good time this year, you all deserve it after last year!
Oh Betsy- your kids are adorable!!
looks like great fun, we're so sad we had to miss it! See you soon...
way to go Tanner! oh I feel like I haven't seen you forever! I miss you guys! I am so glad that you had a lot of fun!
I remember going with you to twin lakes that one summer. It was so much fun! That's great you keep going every year.
SO FUN! I loved the year we went to Twin Lakes with the whole Skeen fam. It looks like you had a really good time! Your kids are so cute.
Post a Comment